30 Inch 5 Burner Gas Cooktop Vs 4 Burner Gas Cooktop
When you have decided to buy 30 inch gas cooktop, the confusion is whether to choose 4 burner gas cooktop or 5 burner gas cooktop.
Most of us hate to cook in a crammed environment, for this reason if 5 burners is our choice it is easy to pick 36 inch gas cooktop. But we all have different needs and requirements, also different kitchens and its setups. If your kitchen counters have a cut-out for 30 inch cooktop, installing 36 inch cooktop would require modifications.
Cost is another factor when we opt for 30 inch gas cooktop which is much cheaper than 36 inch cooktop. So, assuming you have to pick 30″ gas cooktop which one will you pick between 4 and 5 burners? Let’s talk about the advantages and the disadvantages of four burner and five burner cooktops to help you decide better.
Some well known brands such as GE and Frigidaire have 30″ 5 burner cooktops that are comparable in features and performance to 36″ 5 burner gas cooktop. Though, technically 36″ cooktops have an edge over 30″ cooktops because of its size, you won’t be disappointed either.
Advantages Of 30″ 5 Burner Gas Cooktop
- When you have more burners you can cook faster, especially if you prepare 4 – 5 items for your meals. Note that you also need powerful heating burners to cook faster, by and large you can’t simply expect to cook faster with more burners.
- Generally, five burner gas cooktop are designed to give more heating power as compared to four burner gas cooktop. You can also do more cooking at the same time with more burners.
- You can expect a good quality griddle with 5 burner cooktops. It’s always better to use custom-fitted griddle to the cooktop.
Disadvantage Of 5 Burner Gas Cooktop
- Often, these cooktops with 5 burner looks crammed up. You don’t get enough space to accommodate 4 – 5 big pots and pans at a time. If you prepare meals for a big family, the problem is definitely there.
- The price of 5 burner cooktop is much higher compared to 4 burner cooktops. Some of these 30 inch 5 burner gas cooktops are as expensive as 36 inch gas cooktops. In such cases, it makes more sense to buy 36 inch cooktop if your kitchen can accommodate it.
For a size of 30″ cooktop the cooking space is much more practical and convenient. You can use big pots and pans on all the burners at the same time with worry of being inconvenient.
Advantages Of 4 Burner Gas Cooktop
- The prices of 30 inch 4 burner gas cooktops are much cheaper, almost half, when compared to 5 burner cooktops.
- Your pots and pans are easily accommodated for you to cook conveniently. It is ideal for mid-sized family or if you use 4 or less burners most of the time. If you need an extra burner occasionally, we suggest you buy a single burner induction cooktop which will be much more cost effective.
- Fewer burners mean less pots and pans to cook at the same time. Also, 5 burner cooktop produces more heating power output as compared to 4 burner cooktop.
- They normally won’t include griddle. Though you can always buy it, custom fitted griddle works more efficiently.